Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fine China

scene is set in Chinatown [to which I have never been and myself can only imagine what it looks like] under a red awning where a young girl stands. her hair, dark, is cropped just above her shoulders, and flipped. cornrows braided along the indentations of skull, reveal Casper white skin. no ghoul though is she, the season being summer, her sun has kissed her face so tenderly shading this girls face to a perfect midsummer tan. her eyes: slightly chinky with no known Asian bio lineage. hung on her body are layers of colorless drapes of black, completely hiding her figure away. she isn't sweating though, the clothing material is light, like the air void of humidity on a day as rare as raw fish. yum!
her lips purse in a grace so fiercely clutched if she spoke to me her words would probably ooze venom onto my drab blouse. I don't like this shirt clearly, anyway, so she'd be doing me a favor. thanks!
but I haven't approached her yet. I only observe her, and never in the flesh. these are only vibes found on scene, dropped like the sounding snaps of the Polaroids she takes of the area & the people of the area. anxious, I feel, to see which she will post later.
with a subtle turn of her chin, Casper scalped girl- Cas- grins in my general direction. I turn around to see an herbal tea shop decorated in Chinese symbols that fall short of my comprehension but nowhere below my appreciation. Cas loves the language too, 是如何的酷?
••
what string of Chinese symbols translates to Girl Gang, my mind travels down the thought of, considering paying five bucks a pop on engraved rings for my cool cids. Between google translating my bargaining offers, and holding my shiny piece of technology in an old Chinese shopkeeper's face to save a couple of bucks for a cup of tea I had my eyes on, I think of gangkinds that suit my clan best. We wouldn't be pirates, although we act as loony as any band of pirates would over a treasure chest of Pirates Booty. We wouldn't be superheroes either- too lazy. Aliens... that's only me, monsters... we're not THAT mean to each other- how about Indians...
and I smile. A girl gang of Indians. We are mysterious and beautiful of kind, with our own version of tradition. My conclusion satisfies me as I pay in advance for these black on red wristbands engraved in Chinese I'm going to love so much. In broken English my new shopkeeping friend in sweatshop garment hands me a receipt.
being on my own taking pictures in The City is only a prelude to where my journey will take me, this upcoming road trip of mine so greatly anticipated. What a load of mental investment it has been since birth! I make note of The Wizard of Oz theme park in North Carolina, I must stop at along the way. It is easy preparing in this way rather than emotionally, as I should. Emotions are for pussies! Yeah!
that train of thought luckily takes leave of absence there, pregnant with a craving for my tea already. Stuffing my gift receipt in the pocket of my skirt (skirt pockets: the best surprises in life) I make off for a cup of tea, beaming in my mind brighter than today's forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment