Sunday, May 4, 2014

Run for Cover

These are the goods right before 2 am. It's the shadow of the sun playfully licking the last trace of the horizon before slipping under, as I do my covers. There are no traces of light either, the shadows that played the day away are resting in the comfort of darkness.
Darkness is totally comfortable and frightening. I wouldn't be able to see you if you were two feet away. How scary and great? I don't want to see you and the darkness at 2 am sure helped a friend out right there.
But where it keeps you out of sight darkness brings you to mind. The nights, I used to lay dreaming about you, I now spend praying the darkness erases my memories of.
Rolling over to my left side, my sleepier side, I catch scent of a memory and decide then and there.
I will clean my sheets of you, my dreams of you will be gentle cycled away, the swirling of wash a soothing lullaby into sweet dreams of what lay ahead.
What's funny is I don't know what lay ahead. The darkness is sure of that if anything. But if I am sure of anything it's that the future itself is as uncertain as the darkness. Frightening. Intangible. Unforeseen... and in the hands of something intangible itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment